Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day # 3 Update on: “Living on $1.00 USD a Day”

Once again I woke up this morning, used the bathroom, and proceeded to read Bible passages from the book of James Chapter Four, and I prayed asking God for strength as I continue to press forward.


After praying, I repeated my previous approach and started off by drinking water all day. However, this time around, as I visited the kitchen, several times I found myself staring at the refrigerator.  I could not believe that I had not opened it in three days. As I looked at it, I couldn’t even remember what was in it anymore, what foods I would normally be eating, and what other food may be about to expire.

Notwithstanding, around 8:10 p.m. I went back to the kitchen to begin preparing my $1 meal. Today, I bought a banana, an ear of corn, and three packages of Ramen noodles, for exactly one dollar!  Please view pictures below.
           
Amount Received Today:
$200.00 – received from Gaustadveien, Oslo; Norway
$50.00 – received from Kämpchenstr, Mülheim an der Ruhr; Germany

What can you do:
Share the link, ask your friends to also spread the word, take a look at the organization’s expenses chart, and make a needed donation to keep our work going.


1 comment: